Each week by Sunday afternoon you'll find the lesson overview and a discussion guide here!
May 2, 2021
Spiritual Gifts 2 - 1 Corinthians 12
The church is filled with people not like you
Expect disagreement. Respond in love.
Use your gift(s) for the Church
Who are you? - Image-bearer, valuable, gifted by God for service...
Discussion Questions (for small groups)
- When have you seen diversity NOT in unity? How have
you seen unity in diversity practiced well?
Parents’ marriage? Group project? Our country? Etc.
- Do you feel like an important part of the body? If not, what do you think needs to change? Is it others, or you, or both? How could you be part of the change so that all are united in our diversity?
- Look over the list of ways to serve. How are you serving now? How else could you serve? What do you want to try?!
- High school (especially juniors & seniors), what do you think about the internship opportunity?
April 25, 2021
Spiritual Gifts 1 - Ephesians 4:1-16
- The victorious Jesus has given gifts to believers.
- We are to use them to equip other believers and to build up the body of Christ.
- Jesus causes this body to grow, and at the same time we parts of the body build up the body.
- It’s all about Jesus, and He is continually at work for us and the Church to be better.
Discussion Questions (for small groups):
- Which body part is your favorite, and why? (eye, toe, knee, etc….?!) How would it do solo?
- Remember the prosthetic toe? Every part of the body is important. How does that make you think about being part of the body of Christ? Does it make you think differently about serving in the church?
- What’s the purpose of these gifts?
- Unity. What’s the word make you think of? Look over 4:1-6, think about unity in the church. How are you helping or hindering unity?