Dates: Mid-Late May – Late July
The WGC Student Ministry Intern will be expected to:
1. Work full time (40+ hours).
2. Work with youth pastor to prepare and teach a series of youth group lessons.
3. Work with youth pastor to lead youth group evening multiple weeks: planning games, activities, snacks, skits.
4. Help plan and execute student ministry special events.
5. Attend one-week summer camp with students.
6. Lead guys’ Bible study.
7. Pray for students and ministry daily.
8. Spend time with students in one-on-one and small group settings.
9. Assist in preparation for fall ministry activities.
10. Assist with administrative tasks.
The WGC Student Ministry Intern will be one who:
1. Maintains a strong relationship with Christ, promotes good, sound theology in events and teaching, and is willing to learn and grow.
2. A male candidate.
3. Can handle ministry tasks (discipleship/teaching/leading) and office tasks (strong working knowledge of MS Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
4. Can work on tasks independently and carry out assignments to completion.
5. Will reach out to new people both at WGC and in the community.
6. Has the ability to deal with non-routine matters.
7. Is committed to his local church.
8. Has a heart for students to know and grow in Christ.
9. Current student or graduate of accredited Christian college or seminary.
10. Physical expectations: Lifting 30+ pounds, regularly sit, talk and listen, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, bend and kneel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
11. Video editing and social media skills a plus.
Goals and Objectives
1. We will engage with a believer passionate about God and His ministry. We will work together for His glory and the edification of the body through effective use of spiritual gifts and abilities.
2. The intern will have great opportunity to help others to grow, and to grow himself. We want him to gain experience in leadership and pastoral ministry while at the same time being a part of WGC being even better in the summer of 2017—and into the fall!
Please send resumes to email@example.com