Who: A team of 24: 17 students and 7 adults
What we will do:
1. Lead English lessons in public high schools, building relationships!
2. Host a Thursday-Saturday camp for the local public high school. Scope will be determined some by the skills of our team. Likely an English camp, and will likely teach on identity in Christ.
2. Share the amazing grace of the gospel!
Worship with local believers at a church plant
5. Do work projects in the camp to help it become still more suited for further ministry.
6. Pray with and encourage our own WGC global workers (Orellanas), along with many believers in Ecuador.
7. Play plenty of sports (soccer!) with Ecuadorians, building relationships
Saturday, June 22 - Tuesday, July 2
1. To encourage and build up our global workers and other believers in Ecuador.
To minister to those in spiritual, emotional,
and physical need in a way that is unique to our group. High school students
ministering to peers, sharing our lives, God’s love, and His awesome truth.
3. To learn more of who God is and what He does.
4. To stretch ourselves and learn to depend more fully on our great God.
5. To take an incredible opportunity to see what God’s doing in another part of the world, and be a part of that work!
1. We will do plenty of fundraising and help students know how to raise funds on their own too.
2. Total cost is $1485/participant.
3. This does not include personal costs of what to bring or the required passport.
Info about Ecuador:
1. Safe? Safer than England, according to the US State Dept. The Orellanas have never had any issues either.
2. Spanish is the main language. Quichua is spoken by older Ecuadorians in the Pallatanga area.
3. Mt Chimborazo is the point on earth closest to the sun.
4. Ecuador has greater biodiversity per sq km than any nation.
5. The Galapagos Islands are part of Ecuador.
6. Ecuador is the world’s largest exporter of bananas.
7. 13.7 million population. 94% “Christian,” 8.5% Evangelical. (from Operation World).
8. Almost every teen girl in the Pallatanga area has been abused. No justice is considered.